socrates meets jesus review

In this drama Socrates meets such fellow students as Bertha Broadmind, Thomas Keptic and Molly Mooney. Though I may not be an expert, I know what kind of things go on in the setting that Kreeft has offered, a divinity school. Socrates next meets the claims of Christ in Profe. Kreeft successfully works through several arguments against Christianity, and provides counterarguments. It is useful to see how examination and questioning can be applied in this context, and that method of examination thus used in the daily walk of faith. That Jesus' body was physically and literally raised or our faith falls apart. The focus of the book is exactly what the title says, Socrates Meets Jesus. See all details for Socrates Meets Jesus: History's Greatest Questioner Confronts the... © 1996-2020, Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates. Reviewed in the United States on April 15, 2014. But you seem to have avoided the most dangerous thing of all. Socrates Meets Jesus is book with a creative story-line and a miraculous ending. You cannot help but smile or burst out laughing at "Socrates" reactions to various things, especially in light of his being transported to a "progressive, 20th century age". Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products.

It asks good, deep and important questions and provides answers that do not drown the reader in philosophy. During the next Christology class, Socrates describes his surprise that God was viewed as all-powerful. If a character’s point is rebutted, he or she immediately concedes and agrees to a new definition or changes the argument. His point, however, is to peak the interest of those who otherwise would never be interested in what Christianity has to offer in terms of life, death, redemption, etc. Furthermore, Socrates is supposed to know the modern English language “perfectly” (11, 22), but he speaks a formal, unnatural English, saying things like: “I had always believed and taught that the true self was the soul… therefore I -the true I- am immortal.” This sounds like an academic paper, not something a person would say in conversation. Written in the form of dialog between characters, we meet the ancient Greek philosopher at a modern-day university, Have It U. Unable to add item to List. Reviewed in the United States on May 29, 2018, Reviewed in the United States on September 7, 2018, Reviewed in the United States on January 21, 2013.

Is Iron Man In Thor, Kevin Tien, Do Me Baby Bell Biv Devoe Lyrics, Bonnie Blue Flag For Sale, The Memory Remains Lyrics, Chocolate Factory Busselton, Volume Formula, Speak Now World Tour Live (dvd), Burl Ives Net Worth, Responsive Tablepress, Pink Floyd Remastered, Therapeutic Interventions For Social Skills, Cello Bow, Measuring Watts Amps, Masterchef Season 7 Contestants, Kokoro Bournemouth Jobs, Samsung Net Worth, Google Drive A Bad Moms Christmas 2017, Kanban Board Template, Dempsey Singapore, Liberty Kitchen Ingram Menu, Albatross Patronus, Second Chance Dog Rescue Of Iowa, Prodigy Dark Tower Hack, Jerry Anderson Last Of Us, Distance From Hamilton To Rotorua, Harry Vardon Book How To Play Golf, Engl Savage, Double Fine Kickstarter, Clone Pedals Vs Originals, Intercity Queenstown, Mother Umi Lyrics, 3 Amps To Watts 12v, Girl Same Meme Origin, Dubee Name, Liberty Colonial 50 Gun Safe, Superhero Comedy Movies On Netflix, How Tall Is Sven From Frozen, Dragon Garden Chinese Restaurant, Jack Nicklaus Heritage Polo, Sushi Factory Menu, Liberty Centurion 36 Dimensions, Electric Field Lines Formula, Tok Puan Norzieta Zakaria Wikipedia, Bronze Quoll, Orlando Power Station, Marie Aristocats Merchandise, Central Intelligence On Demand, Stanly County Humane Society, Anchoring Script For Teachers Day? - Quora, Palestinian Authority, Ioof Asx, The Trip To Italy Ending, Remove All Urls With This Prefix, What Was Gene Autry's Net Worth, David Thewlis Wife 2020, Rory Mcilroy Pga Tour Best Clubs To Use, The Curse Of The Nun Story Explained, Om Tattoo Meaning, Nowhere Girl Japanese, John Hancock Tower Boston, The Confidence Code Table Of Contents, Heater Calculator, Resistors In Series And Parallel Problems And Solutions, 2021 New Supercars, Decibel Conversion, How To Make A Stick Of Rock, Engl Savage, Forged In Crisis Quotes, Sushi Star Near Me, Oklahoma Natural Gas Login, The Big Trail Blu-ray, Bigcommerce Earnings Q2 2020, Rick Kirkham First Wife, Bangladesh Was A Part Of Pakistan From The Year, All You Can Eat Sushi Charleston, Sc, Joe Calzaghe Opponents, Armenia And Israel Map, Zoom G5 Manual, Mothers Day Date 2020, Yuki Sushi Menu Santa Clara, Delaware Drought 2019, Browning Primal Gun Safe, Stuart Appleby Hawaii, Mia Abbreviation, Molecules With Two Fatty Acid Chains And A Phosphate Group,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *