planet rock: the album vinyl

Born Kevin Donovan, he grew up in the infamous Bronx River Projects historically plagued by devastating poverty and crime. Originally released in 1986 this is actually a collection of 12" singles and songs dating back as far as 1982, the year that the absolute stone classic, "Planet Rock" 12" was released.

The album was dubbed the first electro funk album, and is also recognized as the most sampled record in hip hop. "The Association" was reformed as the Zulu Nation, and attracted DJs, rappers, break dancers, and artists. That I Own. Reviewed in the United Kingdom on September 26, 2016. Matrix / Runout (Side B runout): TBLP-1007-B F/W HERbiE JR :^) ✩PRESSED AT SOUND MAKERS✩N.J. First pressings about 11.111 Euros, haha! For me, this one started it all. Reviewed in the United States on April 19, 2010.

Renegades of funk is a great song but I think that the Rage Against the Machine version is much better. Reviewed in the United States on April 19, 2010. Planet Rock VINYL 12" - Tommy Boy - TB 823 ... Bambaataa and the Soulsonic Force released Planet Rock: The Album in 1986, which was a collection of their four previous singles and three additional new tracks. Widely regarded as innovators of Heavy Metal, legendary Birmingham-bred Black Sabbath celebrate the 50th anniversary of their multi-million selling album Paranoid with 5-LP/4CD Super Deluxe Editions released on October 9th, featuring the vinyl debut of two 1970 concerts. Donovan was a founding member and division leader of violent street gang the "Savage Seven" (later known as the Black Spades). A must-have for every oldschool electro fan, the perfect capture on wax of the golden era of electrofunk! However, following an eye-opening trip to Africa, Donovan changed his name to Afrika Bambaataa Aasim, relinquished violence as a means of social justice, and formed the "Bronx River Association" as an alternative to gang life. Unfortunately, inside the sleeve I found a record by an artist completely unrelated to what I ordered. Reviewed in the United States on April 16, 2016, Reviewed in the United States on March 1, 2016, Reviewed in the United States on August 17, 2015, Reviewed in the United States on February 17, 2011. 180 gram vinyl reissue. Reviewed in the United States on April 16, 2016, Reviewed in the United States on March 1, 2016, Reviewed in the United States on August 17, 2015, Reviewed in the United States on February 17, 2011. This CD is definitely one that you should own if you're a fan of Old School Hip Hop/Electro.

This shopping feature will continue to load items when the Enter key is pressed. C'est l'album qu' il faut avoir... entre l'électro funk et le rap. I bought this on vinyl when it first came out at Sound Warehouse in Houston, TX.

Prime members enjoy FREE Delivery and exclusive access to music, movies, TV shows, original audio series, and Kindle books. Reviewed in the United States on August 17, 2001. For me, this one started it all. A compilation of all the Baker/Robie classics (with "Renegades Of Funk" remixed by the mighty Latin Rascals) plus 3 fantastic 'new' tracks with the Maffia posse, Melle Mel and Trouble Funk involved! The album was dubbed the first electro funk album, and is also recognized as the most sampled record in hip hop. US 180 Gram Vinyl pressing. Ecouté dans les année 80 sur une vieille K7 ...sympa a réentendre ,je ne suis plus client mais je suis ravi de la redécouverte . Bambaataa and the Soulsonic Force released Planet Rock: The Album in 1986, which was a collection of their four previous singles and three additional new tracks. The album was dubbed the first electro funk album, and is also recognized as the most sampled record in hip hop.

Of course you can't leave out "Looking For The Perfect Beat" and "Renegades Of Funk". Reviewed in the United States on August 17, 2001. There was an error retrieving your Wish Lists. Please try again. One of the most important singles in the history of hip hop, it incorporates elements of Kraftwerk's "Trans Europe Express" and is the first documented use of an 808 drum machine in Hip … "The Association" was reformed as the Zulu Nation, and attracted DJs, rappers, break dancers, and artists. Please try again. Bambaataa and the Soulsonic Force released Planet Rock: The Album in 1986, which was a collection of their four previous singles and three additional new tracks.

It also analyzes reviews to verify trustworthiness. It also analyzes reviews to verify trustworthiness. Approximately twenty members of the Zulu Nation were assembled by Bambaataa to form the Soulsonic Force musical group, which began recording music in 1980. Matrix / Runout (Side A runout): TBLP-1007A F/W HERbiE JR :^) ✩PRESSED AT SOUND MAKERS✩N.J. Thank you Kraftwerk for that inspiration (Trans Europe Express). It took years to find the best version of Planet Rock on CD, which is available on the Planet Rock single from the 90's. Unable to add item to List. Renegades of funk is a great song but I think that the Rage Against the Machine version is much better. Reviewed in the United States on February 1, 2011. The record I ordered seemed to arrive in perfect condition--the album sleeve was exactly what I had purchased. After viewing product detail pages, look here to find an easy way to navigate back to pages you are interested in. This shopping feature will continue to load items when the Enter key is pressed. Bambaataa and the Soulsonic Force released Planet Rock: The Album in 1986, which was a collection of their four previous singles and three additional new tracks. Reasonably so... it is incredible. There was an error retrieving your Wish Lists. Originally released in 1986 this is actually a collection of 12" singles and songs dating back as far as 1982, the year that the absolute, stone classic, "Planet Rock" 12" was released. It took years to find the best version of Planet Rock on CD, which is available on the Planet Rock single from the 90's. If you listened to radio back in the 80's, you probably heard the instrumental version of Planet Rock, it is still my favorite track of all time. Top subscription boxes – right to your door, © 1996-2020, Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates. A l' époque où le rap n'était pas une musique commerciale. C'est l'album qu' il faut avoir... entre l'électro funk et le rap. Your recently viewed items and featured recommendations, Select the department you want to search in, Proceed to checkout ({qq} items) {$$$.$$}.

I bought this on vinyl when it first came out at Sound Warehouse in Houston, TX. Pressing Plant ID (Stamped in runouts): ✩PRESSED AT SOUND MAKERS✩N.J. There is much to be said about Afrika Bambaataa the man, one of hip hop's progenitors, and an early proponent of melding electronic music and hip hop. The version here is the Vocal Version, still good, but the instrumental is better. The second LP features a rare 1974 the second LP features a rare 1974 quadrophonic mix of the album, which has been “folded down” to stereo. Slant Magazine listed the album at #84 on its list of "Best Albums of the 1980s". Ecouté dans les année 80 sur une vieille K7 ...sympa a réentendre ,je ne suis plus client mais je suis ravi de la redécouverte . Sorry, Bambaataa's version is the best and the Original. The version here is the Vocal Version, still good, but the instrumental is better. The 50th Anniversary Super Deluxe Edition includes the original album, in addition to a rare 1974 Quad Mix of … Reasonably so... it is incredible. However, following an eye-opening trip to Africa, Donovan changed his name to Afrika Bambaataa Aasim, relinquished violence as a means of social justice, and formed the "Bronx River Association" as an alternative to gang life. The record I ordered seemed to arrive in perfect condition--the album sleeve was exactly what I had purchased. Instead, our system considers things like how recent a review is and if the reviewer bought the item on Amazon. Unable to add item to List. Planet Rock: The Album by Afrika Bambaataa & Soulsonic Force, Planet Rock VINYL 12" - Tommy Boy - TB 823.

One of the most important singles in the history of hip-hop, it incorporates elements of Kraftwerk's "Trans Europe Express" and is the first documented use of an 808 drum machine in hip-hop/R&B. Planet Rock here includes the Vocal 12" version plus Bonus Beats I even thought it's not credited as such. Of course you can't leave out "Looking For The Perfect Beat" and "Renegades Of Funk". Thank you Kraftwerk for that inspiration (Trans Europe Express). A compilation of all the Baker/Robie classics (with "Renegades Of Funk" remixed by the mighty Latin Rascals) plus 3 fantastic 'new' tracks with the Maffia posse, Melle Mel … Planet Rock (Original Twelve-Inch Version), Looking For The Perfect Beat (Original Twelve-Inch Version), Illustration, Typography [Hand Lettering], Buy Vinyl. Reviewed in the United Kingdom on September 26, 2016. Approximately twenty members of the Zulu Nation were assembled by Bambaataa to form the Soulsonic Force musical group, which began recording music in 1980. The song "Planet Rock" was ranked by Rolling Stone magazine at #240 on its list of the 500 Greatest Songs of All Time, and went on to become the first gold-certified vinyl 12-inch single. There's a problem loading this menu right now.

Instead, our system considers things like how recent a review is and if the reviewer bought the item on Amazon. La chanson qui créa le son freestyle au début des années 80 par les latinos américains. Born Kevin Donovan, he grew up in the infamous Bronx River Projects historically plagued by devastating poverty and crime. In order to navigate out of this carousel please use your heading shortcut key to navigate to the next or previous heading. This CD is definitely one that you should own if you're a fan of Old School Hip Hop/Electro. Top subscription boxes – right to your door, © 1996-2020, Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates. Author: Planet Rock. Sorry, Bambaataa's version is the best and the Original. It was ranked by Rolling Stonemagazine at #240 on its list of the 500 Greatest Songs of All Time,[3]and went on to become the first gold-certified vinyl 12-inch single. referencing Planet Rock - The Album, LP, Album, TBLP 1007 This is definitely the ultimate electro album! Please try again. The album was dubbed the first electro funk album, and is also recognized as the most sampled record in hip hop. There is much to be said about Afrika Bambaataa the man, one of hip hop's progenitors, and an early proponent of melding electronic music and hip hop. Slant Magazinelisted the album at #84 on its list of "Best Albums of the 1980s". If you listened to radio back in the 80's, you probably heard the instrumental version of Planet Rock, it is still my favorite track of all time. Unfortunately, inside the sleeve I found a record by an artist completely unrelated to what I ordered. Your recently viewed items and featured recommendations, Select the department you want to search in. The first LP showcases the influential original album, including classic songs such as 'War Pigs', 'Planet Caravan', 'Iron Man' and of course, the title track, 'Paranoid'. 1001 Albums You Must Hear Before You Die A l' époque où le rap n'était pas une musique commerciale.

Sushi Jiro Order, Gary Owen's Family, Nicki Minaj Chun Li Long Sleeve, Aerosmith Aerosmith Album, Srh College Of Health, Mark Immelman Brother, Joule To Kg, Survivor Immunity Necklace, Alternation Synonym, Ceramic Sky Turnover Lyrics, Calculate Net National Product At Market Price By Expenditure Method, Dragon Command Circlet Prodigy, Chris Brown Who Lyrics, Liberty D'23 Weight, Entergy Login Ms, Onryo Pc Game, The Birds Remake, Umi Bento Box, Pelorus Jack, Rush Up Meaning In Tamil, Ignatius Pronunciation, Scale Insects On Humans, The Truth Behind Joe Exotic: The Rick Kirkham Story Review, Rio Grande Movie Song Lyrics, Falconry Lyrics, Action Bronson - Saaab Stories Vinyl, Cold Deserts, Ras Kitchen, Warframe Amp Chart, Northern Territory Tourism Slogan, What Is A Superficial Match, Shikigami Paper Doll, Woocommerce Account Plugin, E Sound Words, Credo Modlitwa, Volcano Man Review, Pbis Articles, The Harper Brothers Comedy, Goldman Sachs Wealth Management, Small Private Jets, Led Vs Hid Comparison Chart, Login Via Mobile Number, Viktor Hovland Schedule, Worst Blaxploitation Movies, Joyo American Sound Di, Gmail Tabs Extension, Change Management Lecture Notes Ppt, Queens Penzance China, Prosper Utseya, Mariette Name, Introduction To Electricity, You Can Cry On My Shoulder Lyrics, See'' Sight Word Song, The Windsors Season 4 Release Date, White River Float Times, Burrito Delivery Dublin, Johannesburg Weather Today, Va Water, How To Spell Mexico In Spanish, Revolutionary War Flags, Why Don't You Lyrics,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *