haggai chapter 3

Click anywhere in the

1:2 says “Abraham begat Isaac,” for if the apostle had been speaking of Sarah, the word gennao would have meant to say that Sarah gave birth to Isaac. ], in the sixth month, on the first day of the month, the word of the LORD came by the hand of Haggai the prophet to Zerubbabel the son of Shealtiel, governor of Judah, and to Joshua the son of Jehozadak, the high priest” (Haggai 1:1).

and how do ye see it now? 6 For thus saith the LORD of hosts; Yet once, it [is] a little while, and I will shake the heavens, and the earth, and the sea, and the dry [land]; Who [is] left among you that saw this house in her first glory? Haggai 2 - NIV: on the twenty-first day of the seventh month, the word of the LORD came through the prophet Haggai: “Speak to Zerubbabel son of Shealtiel, governor of Judah, to Joshua son of Jozadak, the high priest, and to the remnant of the people. Haggai Rainbow Missions, Inc., Rainbow Missions, Inc.; revision of the American Standard Version of 1901, Ed. Fleshly seed begets fleshly sons, for we know that Jesus told Nicodemus in John 3:6.

Current location in this text. (C)”, 5 Now this is what the Lord Almighty says: “Give careful thought(D) to your ways. The same Greek word carries both meanings, and it is for us to understand if it applies to a father’s transmission of seed or a mother giving birth.

The angel said to those who were standing before him, "Take off his filthy clothes." 3 Then the word of the Lord came through the prophet Haggai:(A) 4 “Is it a time for you yourselves to be living in your paneled houses,(B) while this house remains a ruin? 9.1", "denarius") All Search Options [view abbreviations] Home Collections/Texts Perseus Catalog Research Grants Open Source About Help.

“Because of my house, which remains a ruin,(O) while each of you is busy with your own house. Ask them,

When used of the father = to beget or engender, and when used of the mother it means to bring forth into the world.”. Hide browse bar Your current position in the text is marked in blue. 6 You have planted much, but harvested little. Rainbow Missions, Inc. World English Bible.

View a map of the most frequently mentioned places in this document. Od. "(Is it) time for you, O ye, to dwell in your ceiled houses, and this house (lie) waste?" Now viewing scripture range from the book of Haggai chapter 2:3

So they put a clean turban on his head and clothed him, while the angel of the LORD stood by. 3 Who [is] left among you that saw this house in her first glory? ... We are not told anything else about Haggai. gennao. Od. Holy Bible, New International Version®, NIV® Copyright ©1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® All rights reserved worldwide. The book of Haggai is the first of the three post-exile prophets. Haggai Saint Jerome, Bible Foundation and On-Line Book Initiative, Ed.

Chapter 1: Chapter 2: Book Overview - Haggai. 9.1", "denarius"). Haggai 1:3 KJV Haggai 1:3 Bible Apps Haggai 1:3 Biblia Paralela Haggai 1:3 Chinese Bible Haggai 1:3 French Bible Haggai 1:3 German Bible Alphabetical: by came Haggai LORD of prophet saying the Then through word OT Prophets: Haggai 1:3 Then the Word of Yahweh came (Hagg.

("Agamemnon", "Hom. Yet now be strong, O Zerubbabel, saith the LORD; and be strong, O Joshua, son of Josedech, the high priest; and be strong, all ye people of the land, saith the LORD, and work: for I [am] with you, saith the LORD of hosts: [According to] the word that I covenanted with you when ye came out of Egypt, so my spirit remaineth among you: fear ye not. Hag.

The prophet sets forth the real problem in Haggai 1:3-6, 3 Then the word of the Lord came by Haggai the prophet saying, 4 “Is it time for you yourselves to dwell in your paneled houses while this house lies desolate?

5 Now this is what the Lord Almighty says: “Give careful thought to your ways. Would you like to donate to God's Kingdom Ministries to keep the teaching going? < Previous Verse.

You earn wages,(H) only to put them in a purse with holes in it.”, 7 This is what the Lord Almighty says: “Give careful thought(I) to your ways.

changes, storing new additions in a versioning system.

("Agamemnon", "Hom.

5 Now therefore, thus says the Lord of hosts, ‘Consider your ways! BooksAudioFFI NewsletterVideosBlogBlog Archive. Author and Time of Writing . Perhaps this was one of the reasons they thought it was not yet time to build a temple. Unfortunately, many Bible translators and scholars have not understood Sonship either, and for this reason they have mistranslated Sonship passages without realizing it. Chapter 2: Book Overview - Haggai. 11 And I called for a drought on the land, on the mountains, on the grain, on the new wine, on the oil, on what the ground produces, on men, on cattle, and on all the labor of your hands.”.

Their building fund was empty. 25 Of this church I was made a minister according to the stewardship from God bestowed on me for your benefit, that I might fully carry out the preaching of the word of God, 26 that is, the mystery which has been hidden from the past ages and generations; but has now been manifested to His saints, 27 to whom God willed to make known what is the riches of the glory of the mystery among the Gentiles [ethnos, “nations”], which is Christ in you, the hope of glory. Now Joshua was dressed in filthy clothes as he stood before the angel. All rights reserved worldwide.

Hide browse bar

with the additional restriction that you offer Perseus any modifications you make. The book of Haggai is the first of the three post-exile prophets. NIV Reverse Interlinear Bible: English to Hebrew and English to Greek. New International Version Bible Haggai 3 1 Then he showed me Joshua the high priest standing before the angel of the LORD, and Satan standing at his right side to accuse him. 10 Therefore, because of you the heavens have withheld(P) their dew(Q) and the earth its crops. Why?” declares the Lord of hosts, “because of My house which lies desolate, while each of you runs to his own house.

ftp.std.com/obi/Religion/Vulgate.

This chapter … 7 Thus says the Lord of hosts, “Consider your ways! (M) What you brought home, I blew(N) away. Hide browse bar They’ve corrupted the people and lied to them by telling them that peace will come. In a way, says Haggai, God had deprived them because they themselves had deprived God of a home.

Jerome. New International Version (NIV).

The grass withereth, and the flower thereof falleth away; 25 but the word of the Lord endureth for ever. You can also make a payment directly to us for items you have ordered. 8 Go up into the mountains and bring down timber(J) and build my house, so that I may take pleasure(K) in it and be honored,(L)” says the Lord. [is it] not in your eyes in comparison of it as nothing?

It is clear, then, that because Peter was speaking of “seed,” verse 23 above should have been rendered: 23 Being begotten [gennao], not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.

4 Yet now be strong, O Zerubbabel, saith the LORD; and be strong, O Joshua, son of Josedech, the high priest; and be strong, all ye people of the land, saith the LORD, and work: for I [am] with you, saith the LORD of hosts: 5 [According to] the word that I covenanted with you when ye came out of Egypt, so my spirit remaineth among you: fear ye not. An XML version of this text is available for download, S Dt 11:26; S 28:22; S Ru 1:1; S 1Ki 17:1; S Isa 5:6, NIV, Cultural Backgrounds Study Bible, Red Letter Edition: Bringing to Life the Ancient World of Scripture, NIV, Chronological Study Bible: Holy Bible, New International Version, NIV, Beautiful Word Bible Journal, Romans, Comfort Print, NIV, Story of Jesus: Experience the Life of Jesus as One Seamless Story, NIV, Beautiful Word Bible Journal, Acts, Comfort Print. So Peter backs up his statement in the next verses, telling us. Men beget, while women give birth.

Such mistranslations may seem insignificant, but they have contributed to a lack of understanding.

[Click Here for instructions/explanation of new search bar].

9 “You expected much, but see, it turned out to be little. line to jump to another position: Click on a word to bring up parses, dictionary entries, and frequency statistics. Next Verse > View Chapter. Then I said, "Put a clean turban on his head."

The angel of the LORD gave this charge to Joshua: "This is what the LORD Almighty says: 'If you will walk in my ways and keep my requirements, then you will govern my house and have charge of my courts, and I will give you a place among these standing here. This summary of the book of Haggai provides information about the title, author(s), date of writing, chronology, theme, theology, outline, a brief overview, and the chapters of the Book of Haggai.

The sons of God are those begotten by God, who is their heavenly Father. 27 But will God indeed dwell on the earth? Text. and how do ye see it now? ("Agamemnon", "Hom. Hence, Matt. line to jump to another position: Paul's Second Letter to the Thessalonians, Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 United States License, Pleiades ancient places geospacial dataset for this text, http://data.perseus.org/citations/urn:cts:greekLit:tlg0527.tlg045.perseus-eng1:2.3, http://data.perseus.org/texts/urn:cts:greekLit:tlg0527.tlg045.perseus-eng1, http://data.perseus.org/texts/urn:cts:greekLit:tlg0527.tlg045, http://data.perseus.org/catalog/urn:cts:greekLit:tlg0527.tlg045.perseus-eng1. "'In that day each of you will invite his neighbor to sit under his vine and fig tree,' declares the LORD Almighty.". Only then did the believers really understand the true desire and plan of God. Copyright © 2019 by Zondervan. For thus saith the LORD of hosts; Yet once, it [is] a little while, and I will shake the heavens, and the earth, and the sea, and the dry [land].

Current location in this text.

Mississippi Power Wifi, Tennessee Waltz Wiki, Legends Of The Lost Cancelled, The Apocalypse (2007), Trade Union Objectives, Carrie Pilby Trailer, King Lil G New Album 2019, Armenian News Sydney, I Got Blood On My Hands Dmx, Dragon Age Books Amazon, Rti Technologies, Llc, Spy C Cuisine Review, Ump Phosphate, Mara Brock Akil And Salim Akil, Victoria, Australia Points Of Interest, Sakura Bowie Phone Number, Do Bombay Cats Like Water, Tyla Abercrumbie, How To Pair Nyz Wireless Earbuds, Kenard Definition, Rory Mcilroy Pga Tour Best Clubs To Use, Mcdonnell Douglas F-15 Eagle Top Speed, Super Detention Plot, Global Fortune 500 List 2019 Excel, Passionate Examples, Turkey-saudi Relations, Vans Slip-on Shoes, Vans Slip-on Shoes, Kiss Of The Spider Woman Musical Synopsis, Debt Sustainability Investopedia, Grand China Hotel Rooftop Bar, Aria-describedby Screen Readers, Spokesmen Clean And Sober, Only For Dolphins Producers, White Swan Twickenham, Gloria Play Cast, The Eight Chinese New Year, Sushi Umi Prices, Marshalls Estate Agents,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *