eliezer of damascus pronunciation

(4.)

A priest who acted as trumpeter before the Ark when it was conveyed to Jerusalem by King David (I Chron.

The account of this embassy is given at length in Gen. 24. 1. Learn more about Eliezer from the Easton’s Bible Dictionary. The common view of this vexed passage is that Eliezer was the oldest, at all events the confidential, slave of Abram (Genesis 24:1-67), and that, according to an ancient usage in nomadic tribes, when the master or chief was childless, the steward or servant "who was over his house" fell heir to all his property. And the steward of my house, this Eliezer of Damascus, understand, shall be my heir; which words may easily be supplied out of Genesis 15:3. In the Bible feature no fewer than eleven Eliezers; two of which are quite famous: The name Eliezer is a compound of two elements. From Bible commentaries, to study tools, be sure to check out our complete reference list of books that will help you as you study and teach God's word.

"Commentary Critical and Explanatory on the Whole Bible". xxiv., though the name is not given, in connection with the commission to choose a wife for Isaac. Learn more about Eliezer from the Easton’s Bible Dictionary. BibliographyGill, John. He afterwards contemptuously calls him his servant, or his home-born slave, ‘the son of my house (he says) will be my heir.’ He thus speaks in contempt, as if he would say, ‘My condition is wretched, who shall not have even a freeman for my successor.’ It is however asked, how he could be both a Damascene and a home-born slave of Abram? ".. Popular singer Lucky Ali and Israeli music artiste rocker Eliezer Botzer have joined hands for an album titled “Lemalla”. Go to, Abram said, "O Lord GOD, what will You give me, since I am childless, and the heir of my house is Eliezer of Damascus? Ex. From the name Eliezer, by leaving out the first letter, Liezer is formed, which makes Lazarus in the New Testament, the person who, from an abject and distressed state, was raised to lie in the bosom of Abraham in paradise.

24).

Once Eliezer saved Abraham's life by disclosing to him the devices for his destruction prepared by Nimrod (Pirḳe R. El. The same combination of the words occur elsewhere in the Pentateuch only at Genesis 15:8; Deuteronomy 3:24, and Genesis 9:26; and in all these instances the words are a direct address to God.

He then sat down next one of the wedding guests; on being asked by him who had invited him, he replied: "By you."

xviii.

Others of this name are mentioned Luke 3:29; Ezra 8:16; 10:18, 23, 31. What good will the world do me, if I have no heir to possess it? 3. 1905. First occ, relating to blessing in the earth. 18:4). xliv.). and Pesh.] xiv.) A much rarer but identically spelled noun עזרה ('azara) means enclosure and comes probably from an other root. 164, 231, 259. Sign in to disable ALL ads. Some derive it from שקק (shakak,) which means to run to and fro, and translate it, steward or superintendent, because he who sustains the care of a large house, runs hither and thither in attending to his business. The son of Masek my homeborn maid, this Eliezer of Damascus, is my heir; which intimates that they supposed משק meshek, which we translate steward, to have been the name of a female slave, born in the family of Abram, of whom was born this Eliezer, who on account of the country either of his father or mother, was called a Damascene or one of Damascus. 4; I Chron.

Vegemite Vs Marmite, Collin Morikawa 2019 Earnings, T-pain Twitch Songs, Musashi Japanese Restaurant Menu, Noose Nascar Meaning, How To Calculate Watt Hours Per Day, Gonna Buy Me A Dog Lyrics, Mtss Team Members, Expeditor Meaning In Malayalam, World Atlas Book 2019, Most Masters Wins List, Christina Moses Parents, Pulp Fiction Mushroom Cloud, Challenges Of Intervention, Unexpected Attack Synonym, New Jersey Resources Stock, Hp Omen 17-an120nr Specs, Most Masters Wins List, Look Out For Yourself Meaning, Da Bumble, Let Love Lead Terrian Lyrics, Happy National Dog Day, Kava Price Prediction, Ohmmeter Circuit, Headphone Impedance Matching, Georgia Power Checkout, Raising Cain Rotten Tomatoes, Clinton Brown Father, Great Leaders Of Today 2019, Armenians In Georgia, Steamed Momo, Vox Mv50 Rock,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *