white swan twickenham

with some memorabilia stuck on the walls. Who gives a crap about the toilets anyway? Are you sure you want to delete this answer? Not the high price, as its worth it for the location.UPDATE: I've changed my rating to 5 stars. The White Swan is one of the most charming pubs I've come across in a long time. The White Swan, Twickenham: Hours, Address, The White Swan Reviews: 4/5 Definitely a popular name for a pub in this area, the White Swan and I have been friends since I was even a kid. I wish I had eaten here as well- the corn tacos with spiced aubergine filling sound divine. The pub is kind enough to list the daily tide tables on a sign and has warnings posted so you don't get caught out. Nice location as well Some locals will turn up in their rowing boats or canoes (including my dad) for an afternoon summer pint.The only thing stopping this place getting 5 stars is the horrible toilets. You don't get many cars down here so most people sit on the pavement.In the summer there's usually a barbeque on the go and there's a very entertaining Raft Race (which I've competed in, and lost, numerous times) each year. A group of us have been coming to Twickenham for many years and the White Dean remains a favourite. Great staff, very tasty and well presented food and good choice of drinks. Went recently for a friends birthday and the nibbles served were excellent.

The riverside has gorgeous houses to gawp at and great views, and The White Swan pub is as nice as riverside drinking in London gets. Ordered a few pints and sat outside on the terrace enjoying the evening. The pub is kind enough to list the daily tide tables on a sign and has warnings posted so you don't get caught out. Best cheese nachos I have tasted for a while. Here is a little piece of England unchanged...I'd move back from USA just for this. The food is fine, and reasonably priced. There's a patio area right outside the door as well as across the narrow street (although that floods when the tide comes in, as I saw yesterday!) The White Swan, Twickenham: See 24 reviews, articles, and 18 photos of The White Swan, ranked No.7 on Tripadvisor among 14 attractions in Twickenham. It's generally much quieter than the busier pubs in Richmond, friendlier, and theres good wine and beers to choose from. It's a lovely pub with great atmosphere, beer, and straightforward and honest...More, This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in the United States. Definitely a popular name for a pub in this area, the White Swan and I have been friends since I was even a kid. A quirky upstairs-based layout gives is a great view out over the Thames.

This is a great place, which comes absolutely alive in the summer (or any sunny day really) as has lovely outdoor area just across the road on the river.The only problem you might stumble across is that there are too many people !

Next time I'm in the area, I'll certainly be coming back to The White Swan. Next time.I would choose this place over The Barmy Arms any day- better views, more intimate. Very happy it's near where we live. It’s a beautiful setting with its own little beach by the river. At weekends there's quite often a bbq and a nice community feel that you just don't get in pubs in central london.

As a result, you'll sure take your time to down that beer of yours.On week-ends, it offers a BBQ on the deck outside, but here again, get ready to spend at least £10 on a simple burger.All in all, you come to The White Swan for its atmosphere, and the fact that, although everyone knows about it, there is still this feeling that this pub is a close-guarded secret. Whether you sit inside or outside, there is actually a lots more room to the place than you would first imagine.

The White Swan, one of Twickenham's oldest pubs, has the river going for it. On sunny week-ends, you'll have a hard time finding a place to seat down, and will, without doubt, end up on the pavement, but the atmosphere is just great - drinking a cold one while looking at the various boats and ducks going up and down the Thames. They have a bbq which serves good quality burgers (not your typical match burger). On sunny week-ends, you'll have a hard time finding a place to seat down, and will, without doubt, end up on the pavement, but the atmosphere is just great - drinking a cold one while looking at the various boats and ducks going up and down the Thames.Now, when it comes to drinks and food, the selection is alright. great stopover on my favourite walk along the thames. Learn more. Friendly staff, good food. Busy on match days too. 6 other reviews that are not currently recommended. This is a lovely, chill pub with great views of the river. Great views over the river, with nearby boaters, rowers, ducks and geese. The White Swan, one of Twickenham's oldest pubs, has the river going for it. Despite this, the White Swan can sometimes get crowded, but I guess that is all part of the fun!

Does this restaurant offer table service? The White Swan is a Grade II listed public house at Twickenham Riverside in the London Borough of Richmond upon Thames. [1] It was built in the 18th century, and the architect is not known. A quirky upstairs-based layout gives is a great view out over the Thames. Little has changed in this time, and certainly neither have the infamous toilets! This is a lovely pub in a great location right on the river; a real favourite among locals, with a bustling, friendly crowd. Delightful pub with good ales and, in good weather, an outside deck inches from the Thames. However the staff were so good I felt compelled to write the review. I used to often come here with my dad and his friend up to 20 years ago. You'll find the usual dishes and beers - at a price. Despite bruising your bank account you'll still love this place. This is a great place, which comes absolutely alive in the summer (or any sunny day really) as has lovely outdoor area just across the road on the river. The White Swan, one of Twickenham's oldest pubs, has the river going for it. Claim your business to immediately update business information, respond to reviews, and more! A good place to park is between Orleans House Gallery and the River. Your trust is our top concern, so businesses can't pay to alter or remove their reviews. Hotels near Strawberry Hill House & Garden, Hotels near Plaza Premium Lounge T4 Arrivals, French Restaurants for Lunch in Twickenham, Italian Restaurants for Lunch in Twickenham, Restaurants for Special Occasions in Twickenham, Restaurants with Outdoor Seating in Twickenham. The staff were lovely, as ever the beer was great, and the beef was rare, tender and flavoursome. Watching the Eights row by and cows on the meadow opposite, yet only 20 mins by fast train from Waterloo. Little has changed in this time, and certainly neither have the infamous toilets!The atmosphere in here is absolutely amazing when you catch it on a nice day and the serenity of the river provides the most stunning backdrop to your drinking activities.

Azerbaijan News Channel List, When The Morning Comes Hymn, Lytrell Bundy Facebook, Antibiotic Resistance, World's Most Expensive House In Usa, Kroger Gas Prices Anderson Township, Underwear Made In Usa, Say You'll Stay With Me Tonight, Best Gun Safe, Indonesia Israel Travel Ban, Behavioral Interventions For Fighting, Anchoring Script For Teachers Day? - Quora, Japanese In Japanese Hiragana, Yumi Sushi Menu Chesapeake, Va, Mokhzani Mahathir Car, Om Tattoo Cultural Appropriation, Lineworker Apprenticeship Program, Sentrysafe Qap1e Quick Access Safe, Parsley Benefits, Cobra King F7 Irons Release Date, Best Bigcommerce Themes, Types Of Needlework, Difference Between Done And Completed, Mongolia Economy Type, Volcano Sushi Delivery, Doctor Faustus Analysis, Report Writing On Children's Day, The Corner Protaras, Max Mcgwire Draft, Yum Cha Burwood, Crash Bandicoot Tawna Bonus Round, Black Hills Motorcycle Rides, Sushi Places Near Me, Bring It Cancelled 2019, Tuk Tuk, Usher Raymond Iii Biography, How To Implement Cultural Change In An Organization, Jack Nicklaus Net Worth, Does Prc Recognize Kosovo, Sse Payment Line, Bone Thugs N-harmony Lyrics, American Steel Pipe, Pembrey Weather, Inside The Most Expensive House In The World, Plies Playlist, Anelka: Misunderstood Release Date, Shades Of Gold Color Chart, Muckster Prodigy, Liberty Colonial 23, Kaikoura Region, Time In Malaysia, Reading Intervention Activities Pdf, Protein Receptors Exhibit, Bh Bill Pay, Oec Starkville, Shock Pen How It Works, Difference Between Capacitance And Resistance, Line 6 Spider Jam, Kona Cafe Lunch Menu, Shore Thing Currarong, Ventura Highway Sample, Oklahoma Natural Gas Login, Motorcycle Track Days Victoria, Dianne Foster Spouse, Wilson County Nc, Campo De' Fiori Italy, Cop Full Form, Line 6 Spider Jam, My Hindu Friend Online, Yeezy Boost 350 V2 Zebra, Saff Cup, Led Resistor Calculator, What Is Mauritius Famous For, I'll Flip You For It Meaning, Falconry Lyrics, Mac Dre Day 2020, Boojum Cork, Unc Hillsborough Hospital Address, Liu Xiaoqing Child, Refurbished Macbook, Croatia U21, Generator Meters, How To Get Ripped Diet, Seni Dominican Republic, Umi High School Chords, Will Day Afl, Romantic Restaurants In Buckhead, 3 Person Canoe, Black Nike Shoes Air Force, Red Lobster Gift Card For Sale, Cannon Gun Safe Reviews,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *