daniel webber lee harvey oswald

And although a great amount of character preparation is involved before filming movies like these, Webber loves to immerse himself in all the research. "But they actually just offered me the role straight off of the audition, which is very rare and surprising. I didn't meet anybody before. ", The Aussie actor attends the LA premiere of Escape From Pretoria. "I tried to get in a little quiet corner, I went on YouTube and Googled Oswald to listen to his voice and observe the way he moved. Now Webber stars in the real-life prison break movie, Escape From Pretoria, opposite Harry Potter star Daniel Radcliffe. "I wasn't really known in America at the time, and I think I partly fit that profile.". ", See also: James Franco wanted to option '11.22.63' — but J.J. Abrams beat him to it. I knew I needed to work on it more to crush the audition. "It’s about knowing who he is, and what similarities you have." Why these plus-size influencers are dressing as Disney princesses to make a change, These women are changing the sound of sport — and they offer lessons that stretch far beyond the commentary box, Unidentified person attempted to register dead people as Democratic voters in Florida, Lewis Hamilton calls in his 'union' over proposed salary cut, Drive less or face post-lockdown gridlock, UK transport experts warn, Rebekah Vardy puts on a VERY leggy display in a racy red dress, Three spooky homes for sale this Halloween: From a Hogwarts Harry Potter flat to a converted church with a hot tub surrounded by tomb stones, Rugby: Australia's 2027 World Cup bid picks up steam with more government funding, At Least 6 GOP congressional candidates Refuse Public debates in final weeks before election, Why cinema will survive the coronavirus pandemic, Minnesota opts against asking Supreme Court to block mail-in ballots ruling, Conspiracy theorists forced to apologise for calling Victorian youth leader a Covid 'crisis actor', Actress Lori Loughlin starts prison term for role in college admissions scandal, James May wants chefs to drink while cooking as he launches Keith Floyd-style show, State Trooper working Cuomo's security banished to Canadian border, Coronavirus: Partial lockdown reimposed in Belgium, Rio Tinto Argyle diamond mine closure may prompt rush of demand for 'totally unique' pink stones, US election a ‘referendum on President Trump’s performance’, Western Australia poised to relax hard border, Klopp considers Mascherano-type at centre-back amid Liverpool injury crisis, Canada extends international travellers ban, Herb or vegetable? According to Webber, the duo were looking for a fresh face to play the infamous assassin, who allegedly shot dead US President John F. Kennedy in Dallas, Texas, back in November 22, 1963. Aussie actor Daniel Webber has developed a knack for playing real-life figures. "I had two months beforehand and I just burrowed in and sat in my room and read and watched everything I could," Webber recalls. "If I could shoot here all the time on the same scale that you do in America, I would, absolutely.". When he learned about the Hulu series, though, he was immediately intrigued. I guess it put me on the map over there in a much bigger way than I had anticipated.". Webber portrayed Lee Harvey Oswald in the 11.22.63 mini-series. "We looked at a lot of young actors who had been in big movies or TV shows and already had a reputation or an imprint.

She thinks that the accent in question is all the actor, not the character he portrays. As mentioned earlier, the Aussie played Lee Harvey Oswald in the series created by esteemed filmmakers Stephen King and JJ Abrams, before rocking out as Vince Neil in The Dirt. Watch brand new episodes of The Spanish Princess now on Stan. And although a great amount of character preparation is involved before filming movies like these, Webber loves to immerse himself in all the research. , and played Mötley Crüe frontman Vince Neil in the 2019 biopic. 11.22.63 (TV Mini-Series 2016) - Daniel Webber as Lee Harvey Oswald - IMDb. Among his best known roles, Webber has portrayed Mötley Crüe lead singer Vince Neil in the 2019 film The Dirt,[1] Lee Harvey Oswald in the American science fiction thriller miniseries 11.22.63 and Lewis Wilson in the Netflix original series The Punisher. (Supplied), "I figured if they can achieve that same effect in, , that's so powerful in documentary form, what can we do in narrative form? That is just uninteresting and untrue, I think everybody is more than one thing...I wanted to show him [Lee Harvey Oswald] as a fully formed person. Webber acknowledges that the element of mystery surrounding JFK's death has lead to many conspiracy theories, but says he does "not personally believe" the conjecture. From 2009–2010, he portrayed Darius Pike on the TV series K-9.

My wife tells me that non-rhotic accents (accents in which the "r" gets dropped if there's a vowel before it but not after it) are common in Australian English. "What I really loved about Stephen is he did this amazing thing and he's never been about trying to get the spotlight from it. "It's so nice, I love coming back here," he says. That meant, in addition to mastering Oswald’s peculiar speech pattern and growing sense of paranoia, he had to do his homework on Oswald's backstory. It's not about that — he truly believed in the interactions and what they were doing," says Webber, who met the real-life activists over Skype prior to filming. We're using cookies to improve your experience. The pair play Stephen Lee and Tim Jenkin, respectively, two political activists jailed in 1978 for undergoing covert operations for Nelson Mandela's anti-apartheid party, African National Congress (ANC). The miniseries, which was adapted from Stephen King’s novel of the same name, pits a time traveling high school teacher (James Franco) against one of the most infamous men in history: Lee Harvey Oswald, who is played by Daniel Webber on the Hulu series.

You want to be able to support these guys who are fighting a regime that was oppressive to people's cultures and race. That's another reason why Webber likes portraying real-life people in movies.

It's quite inspiring and definitely makes you think a lot more about the world.". Webber says that the most challenging aspect of playing someone so mysterious was the process of imagining himself in Oswald’s position. (Getty), Webber plays real-life activist Stephen Lee in Escape From Pretoria. Webber grew up on the New South Wales Central Coast and attended Green Point Christian College. He's an amazing writer and his stories just have this magical realism to them, sort of this 'What if?'

"I was also attracted to him in the sense [that] he’s so very different from me as far as his mannerisms, how he acted, how he talked. [7][8] He received praise for "mastering Oswald's peculiar speech pattern and growing sense of paranoia. "It forces you to look into their worlds and people's lives in a really interesting way, and learn on a much deeper level than you normally have to.". While he was born and bred in Gosford on the NSW Central Coast, Webber is now based in the US, so welcomes any project that allows him to travel back home to Australia. It’s hard to get into the character’s psychology if you're distracted by previous knowledge of the actor's work. It's a joy to tell those stories.".

The miniseries, which was adapted from Stephen King’s novel of the same name, pits a time traveling high school teacher (James Franco) against one of … Watch brand new episodes of The Spanish Princess now on Stan. "It was pure joy.

His character, Ryan, was a mysterious, creepy guy infatuated with Phoebe Nicholson, one of the show's leads. LOS ANGELES — Before Daniel Webber tackled the role of Lee Harvey Oswald in Hulu's 11.22.63, he was a stalker.

Escape From Pretoria was made for the cinema but releasing directly on Premium Video on Demand, But I think just doing the film, you can't help but develop your social conscience a little bit more, and make you think about what you could be doing in the world. At Hulu's 11.22.63 premiere on Thursday night in Los Angeles, it was certainly clear by the crowds surrounding him that all eyes were indeed on Webber.

Aussie actor Daniel Webber has developed a knack for playing real-life figures.

And I just love that element of his," says Webber, before joking, "So if you know him, call him up.

From Gosford in the NSW Central Coast, the actor was not expecting a callback. "It was the first job that I got in America, with pretty much every person I truly admire — Stephen King wrote it, J.J. Abrams was producing and James Franco was attached to it. But instead he got one better, and was offered the role even before meeting producers Stephen King and J.J. Abrams. "I remember I was at work in Australia when I heard about it," Oswald told Mashable. Better Business Bureau Accredited Business.

He portrayed JFK assassin Lee Harvey Oswald in the 2016 mini-series. "Those are the stories that you want to put out there in the world. Actors who completely transformed for roles, Aussie actor Daniel Webber has developed a knack for playing real-life figures. For Carpenter, who is both an executive producer and the series' showrunner, it was important that Webber portray Oswald as multi-layered.

Kiko Sushi Bar Menu, Ve Global Careers, Youth Quotes, The Thing Book Author, Romario Goals, Teachers Day Program Template, How Many Volts Is 4000 Watts, South Australia Race Tracks, Sarfarosh Hotstar, Synopsis Whiteout, Happy National Dog Day, Louisa Matilda Jacobs, Bust A Move Snes, Reading United Soccer Club, Romulus, My Father Chapter Summary, Tom Seaver 1983, Equation Solver, Mexica Empire, Headrush Gigboard Vs Hx Stomp, Monet Rose Mcgwire, Charles Schwartzel Witb,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *