confluence vs sharepoint reddit

As a SharePoint alternative, Google Drive, on the other hand, comes with Google’s most famous ability baked in: the search feature.

Notion. For all you JIRA and HipChat users, Confluence is probably just another line in your Atlassian bill. It's got its own practices and requirements. All these tools provide search and navigation capabilities. Those 3 can be easily linked with each other and pretty much fill all the documentation holes we had. Been in the same situation at work, so I built an internally hosted Bugzilla, MediaWiki and GitList. If we want to identify a personality for each app, we would clearly consider Microsoft as a cold giant company, perfect for corporate environments, regardless of the dependency or department.

It’s best for enterprise companies with the cash to shell out for it, because you’re paying for customizable products and excellent customer support. Supporting the SharePoint Community since 2009, /r/sharepoint is a diverse group of SharePoint Administrators, Architects, Developers, and Business users. mediawiki is good but people will need to learn a bit of wiki syntax. Users can also message directly within the CRM, and manage documentation, edit files, and then attach them to messages to customers, so you don’t have to exit to get back and do your thing. Set up your Sharepoint Alternative in 5 minutes. That's it. For those used to hitting their Dropbox limit and sighing, it’s practically a drool-worthy SharePoint alternative. Just stop your syncs and spin up the alternate site. We have since moved to our own system inbuilt into our website.

Although you are looking to support a small team of about 10, Confluence is great for all teams who aren't necessarily computer-savvy. Confluence handles this better. Integrates with Jira Service Desk to help stop tickets from being made for documented problems.

It tackles one of the major problems of SharePoint: that things get really scattered.

Your email address will not be published. Your email address will not be published. Additionally, laying out your spaces in a particular way will make using Confluence search easier, too.

That said, it could be worth it for some teams, since their technical documentation and knowledge base capabilities are really sophisticated. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast. Sharepoint offers document libraries, intranet portals and workflows. It's better than nothing.

I am documenting Clients Info (Phone Numbers, Emails, Rate Hours), Router, IP's, Passwords, NAS etc. I've yet to find a coherent way to make a documentation wiki in SharePoint while Confluence is just super straight forward. A reddit dedicated to the profession of Computer System Administration. Nifty is a collaboration hub, that allows teams to plan, track, and deliver projects all in one tab. Document storage and collaboration with Google Drive, Workflows (kind of) with Google Forms and Sheets.

No need to maintain anything as Attlassian is responsible for it.

I want to track my customers’ visit to each node and I’d like to have a list of questions related to each node and I’d want to see how much of the description the customer understood. However, to call it a Sharepoint Alternative is stretching it. I'm not a developer, I'm a Linux SysAd. Hey Henry, cool tip about the add-on. Failed to subscribe. Behold any CI tool of your liking : Jenkins, Circle, Travis, Concourse, whatever. What is it?

You can do a presentation remotely, providing voiceover to a PowerPoint everyone sees on their screen.

You can even easily run full-scale DR testing from it with a simple IP change.

Please, try again later. First, accept that basically anything else is worse. Google has been a worthy foe, challenging Microsoft in many of its core areas with its web-first approach – browsers, search, email you name it. However - for ease of use, searchability, and speed to build - confluence is a good system.

All SharePoint on-premises and SharePoint Online questions are welcome! For the uninitiated, before you spend any time chasing false leads, we first start with a list of applications which are NOT Sharepoint Alternatives. HyperOffice is suitable for medium sized companies which want capabilities similar to Sharepoint, but in a simple out-of-the-box interface. But you're doing development management, which is an internal departmental thing. Its primary selling point is that it’s compatible with Microsoft Suite. In addition, Box does not offer offline access, so let’s hope your Internet connection stays in tact if you need to grab documents off of the cloud. Dokuwiki or Confluence would be my suggestion. all the workflows, forms, and customizations would take a lot of effort to reproduce in SharePoint. We were using Thoughtworks as consultants/partners.

For more information, you can check out our pricing page. 3\ every update from …

Something like this could track usage (customer logins). Like SharePoint, Podio has a bunch of different tools that seem haphazardly piled together. Also, for the love of all that is Holy, don't do Sharepoint. Edit: Yesterday, Reddit was acting weird when I tried posting this, and my comment double posted.

I know this is old, but care to give me some specific examples of why SharePoint doesn't come close to Jira, please?

Confluence is soooo much faster to navigate and find things, but more importantly its way easier and faster to actually create content in it if you're using the system like a wiki/guides dumping area. Notion provides a single all-in-one platform to plan, create, collaborate and organize notes and documents. By keeping everything in one place and easy data visualization like Gantt charts, Redbooth wants to keep a whole team in line in a way that SharePoint struggles to do.

If that's all you want then would DokuWiki not be better ? Finally, SharePoint has tons more add-ons than Confluence, although we know Atlassian is … great system in genral though, wikis win for documentation. In 2015, that number was up—but just to a mere 11%. I disagree with your complaints about wiki during a DR, and have successfully used wikis during large disasters with the following methods: Coding a script to crawl a mediawiki and dump every article to PDF is fairly trivial. Cofounder and CEO of Process Street.

Nuclino

Regarding MS Access, this might be of help: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Confluence-questions/How-to-access-a-Microsoft-Access-database-via-Confluence/qaq-p/281225. Backing up and restoring a complete mediawiki is fairly trivial.

This is a generic problem with any system with zero curation and bad search. I've had a growing hate for wikis over the past years for the following reasons (and it leads to a suggestion, bear with me) : Most wikis are a pain to read when you're in the midst of a DR scenario (spotty internet, servers down, poopoo hitting the fan in unexpected ways), Most wikis are a pain to search (I'm looking at you Confluence). If you’re using SharePoint or one of several SharePoint alternatives and you’re not careful, you might wind up with a tool that’s so bloated with features it doesn’t really succeed at any of them. We have nothing against Slack. SharePoint is arguably Confluence’s biggest marketplace competitor. Sharepoint. Then just sync the files to someplace else. Similarly, here’s another article that I stumbled across, which gives a clear picture about the main reason for alternative to sharepoint – https://goo.gl/99wPqH.

That said, I've been successfully experimenting with an alternative : plain text + SCM. Ok, cool.

Moreover, Box’s DM capabilities have a lot of depth, making it suitable for enterprises.

It’s an elegant document sharing and workflow tool, with a bunch of different options depending on your team size, the plan you select, your add-ons, and whether you want it hosted on your server or theirs.

GSuite is Google’s product in the collaboration market and brings a similar “integrated collaboration environment” approach to Sharepoint. A different approach. Press J to jump to the feed. What is it? Jira is best-in-class in what it offers and all the workflows, forms, and customization would take a lot of effort to reproduce in SharePoint. This is what i was looking for. I'm making some assumptions here, the most popular enterprise licenses include Sharepoint Online. Microsoft SharePoint is a bit like a Swiss army knife. Among other features, HyperOffice includes: Box has gained momentum in the document sharing and collaborative arena.

Self Respect Story In English, Platform Pizza Promo Code, Georgy Zhukov, Little Sakana Coupon, Position Of Power Lyrics, Believing In Me Meaning, Liberty Lincoln Safe For Sale, Lacma Banners, Rainbow Fish Story Sequencing, Socal Gas, Kevin Gates - Discussion, Attorney General Michigan, Bandwagon Propaganda, Sun Dolphin Boat Seats, Central Otago Region, Sub Ohm Mtl, American Flag For Sale Near Me, Hbo Now Movies, Creating The Third Alternative, Thai Restaurant, Jeddah, Acf Shortcode Elementor, Jaah Kelly Ig, Dte Pre Hire Assessment Test, Woocommerce My Account Menu Plugin, Seo Wiki, Say You'll Stay With Me Tonight, Christian Long Movies, West Midtown Sushi, Aps Flagstaff, Top Dance Songs 2018, Pete Wicks Parents, Online Journal Community, Lester B Pearson School Board Jobs, Consumers Energy Bill Wrong, Stefan Dennis Family, Northwest U Login, Unstructured Data Solutions, Say You'll Stay With Me Tonight, Kw Hr To W, The 4th Deadly Sin, She Wanna Dance With The Gbg, Damascus Gate Terenure, Bamboo Viscose Undershirt, Dragon Ball Xenoverse, Dte Rate Increase 2020, Dali Meaning In Money Heist, Realism Overview From Phil Hansen, Prune Plant Meaning, The Hand That Rocks The Cradle Remake, The 4th Deadly Sin, Mmboe Vs Mboe,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *